Enjoy Grandma's Famous...! At Cole's Appliance & Furniture Co., family is everything. So, we thought it would be appropriate to share one of Grandma's famous family recipe's for you to enjoy over the Passover holiday. It's so easy and so yummy! Enjoy!
Grandma's Famous Chocolate Covered Matzoh
- 4-6 unsalted matzohs (Find at Wholefoods)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 bag of Toll House semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt
This recipe makes two of the "plate portion" in the photo above.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. Layer on top of the foil with baking parchment. (It gets sticky when baking)
- Line the cookie sheet evenly with the matzohs (you might need to break some pieces to fit small spaces.)
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the butter and the brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stir continuously until the mixture comes to a boil. Let boil for 3 minutes and keep stirring.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the matzoh, cover it completely.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven reduce the heat to 350°. Bake for 15 minutes. Check every few minutes to make sure it's not burning. If it's browning too fast, remove the pan from the oven, lower the heat to 325°, and replace the pan.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle immediately with the chocolate chips. Let stand for a 2 minutes, then spread the melted chocolate over the matzoh and sprinkle the sea salt.
- Let cool a bit, while still warm, break into smaller pieces.
- Put in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour or until chocolate is hardened. Best served chilled (although might be a matter of opinion, some like room temp as well)